Expert carpet cleaning indeed brings dull, lifeless carpets back to their vibrant, new-looking condition, just like the way they looked when you first brought them home. But you can’t always call the experts when your rugs need a lift-up. You can simply follow the professional carpet cleaner’s ways of taking care of carpets so you won’t have to deal with problems that only the experts can handle.
Of course, your carpets need regular professional cleaning and maintenance. But in between these check-ups, there is so much you can do to prevent your carpet from looking worn out and messy. After all, beautiful rugs bring a lot of aesthetics to a place. Plus, they make the people around comfortable, too.
So, how do you take care of your carpets so they extend their lifespan in the best condition possible?
Taking Care of Rugs the Carpet Cleaner Expert Way
Cleaning carpets is tiring, especially when your carpet covers the entire room. But you won’t have to clean a dirty carpet when you have taken cared of it properly, in the first place.
This is why regular cleaning and proper handling of carpets are necessary. When you do it the right way, your carpets stay in the best condition and need not go through extensive cleaning and mending.
So, to make your carpets look their best every day, take note of the following tips that we have gathered from the carpet cleaning experts.
- Vacuum and wash your carpets regularly. It is best to vacuum daily to remove surface dirt. Wash your carpets, too. Doing so once a week will suffice. However, professional deep cleaning is recommended every 12-18 months.
- Deal with stains and dirt immediately. As soon as you see a mess on your carpet, clean it up so it does not settle and becomes difficult to remove. Blot the stain instead of rubbing on it with a towel. Then, use the appropriate cleaning products to wash the mess away.
- Don’t place pointed or sharp-edged furniture on your carpets. Yes, the furniture will leave a mark on your rugs. But when pointed ones sit on your carpet, especially for a long time, they may pierce through it and create irreparable damage. So, make sure you only place flat-bottomed fixtures on your rugs.
- Avoid walking on your carpet with heavy boots on. In fact, it is best to remove footwear before stepping on them as the dirt and germs get stuck on the fabric of your carpet. And who knows what kind of things are on your shoes, even if you wipe in on the doormat.
- Keep carpets away from direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to the sun may cause changes in the color of its fabric.
Your carpets will age beautifully when you know how to take care of them properly. And you don’t have to work hard to do it, too.
Achieve amazing-looking rugs that add color and warmth to your home, or wherever you put them in. With the tips above that experts suggested, you will certainly have success with it. And for those carpet problems that need a professional touch, call the ones you can trust. Carpet Cleaners Stockton CA is known for having the best carpet cleaning reputation in the city. Try and see them work their magic into your rugs.